Mortgage professionals have a lot of competition for the customers they hope to someday serve. There are banks, sites like Lending Tree and Quicken Loans and many thousands of mortgage companies all competing to generate leads that the professionals there hope will someday turn into borrowers. This is why it is not only important for mortgage brokers to have the knowledge they receive from our online mortgage broker school, they must also know how to create leads in the first place. After all, without leads there can be no customers or business.
Some mortgage brokers can become pretty desperate to generate leads so much so that some of them resort to buying them from online lead generation sites. However, there are other more reliable ways to generate leads. With nothing more than a little hard work, creativity and persistence mortgage brokers can increase their chances of finding borrowers. Here are some lead generation methods that do not involve buying leads.
- Network with Real Estate Agents: Real estate attorneys, relocations specialists and family law attorneys are all excellent sources that can lead prospects directly to you.
- Use Referrals: Ask satisfied past clients if they can refer you to several of their friends. Clients who are satisfied with your services are usually only too happy to oblige you.
- Advertise: Design your personal website and blog with the intent of appealing to the public and explaining to them why you should be their broker. You can also supplement your web presence and generate traffic by using tools such as forums, email marketing, pay-per-click ads and banners.
- Use social media: According to marketing experts, more than 70% of all B2C marketers acquire leads through Facebook, 40% through Twitter and 65% via LinkedIn. Any business owner who does not use social media to help generate leads is at an extreme disadvantage over others.
- Attend trade shows: Set up a booth at a trade show (e.g., home improvement tradeshow) and target your marketing. Pass out brochures, business cards, flyers, etc to attendees.
- Write and distribute articles: Write articles for use on real estate blogs, magazines, etc. Every site owner on the web is a glutton for engaging and informative content.
- Use multiple listing services (MLS): Among other things MLS is a database of properties for sale that are listed by real estate agents. You can generate prospects by contacting the realtors listed on it. You can also contact sellers with it although you should ask the realtors in the database before doing so.
Finally, customers are at the heart of any business. Without them the business dies. At our online broker school we want you to have every chance to succeed so we’ve provided you with the above tips and we provide you with a superior education.